Ultimate Dart Rule Guide.
Although we will never be available to play like professional players, we can be better at the game with practice and knowing the guide.
You have to learn some rules before playing the dartboard game. But don’t worry, you will learn them in no time.
First of all, you should have a little bit of knowledge about the dartboard. A dartboard is wooden cardboard in a circle shape.
- A diameter of 18-inch
- It has 20 pie-shaped, equal-sized numbered segments.
- Each segment has a triple ring on the inner area and a double ring on the outer parameter.
- And then there is a bull’s eye which is located at the center of the dartboard.
- A single bull’s eye hit can give you 25 points.
Whether you are playing the game with steel tip darts or soft tip darts, the height of the dartboard remains the same which is 5 feet 8 inches. Just measure the height from the center of the bull’s eye.
Also, you should pay attention to how you are mounting the dartboard on the wall, the number 20 should be on the top and it should be sitting flush.
The distance for this game is also very important, the distance from the throw line is regulated. It depends on the type of dart you are playing with- steel tip or soft tip.
- If you are using soft tip dart, the distance between you and the dartboard should be exactly 8 feet measured horizontally.
- With steel tip darts the distance should be no more, and no less than 7 feet 9.25 inches.
- If you are using a scoreboard or a piece of paper, mount it either on the left side or the right side of the dartboard.
- Another way to check the distance is to measure the diagonal line from the bull’s eye to the throw line. It should be 9 feet 7 3/8 inches.
These are some of the rules you can follow and practice to be a good player at the dartboard game.